Indigo-Clean offers a solution that continuously disinfects the environment and bolsters your current infection prevention efforts.
How it works
- The 405nm emitted from Indigo-Clean reflects off of walls and surfaces, penetrating harmful micro-organisms
- The light targets naturally occurring molecules called porphyrins that exist inside bacteria. The light is absorbed and the excited molecules produce Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS) inside the cell
- 405nm creates a chemical reaction inside the cell, similar to the effects of bleach
- The Reactive Oxygen Species inactivates the bacteria, preventing it from re-populating the space
Who is using Indigo-Clean
73% SSI Reduction Translates into Compelling ROI
What does Indigo-Clean Kill?
- Enterococcus faecalis
- Staphylococcal Aureus (incl. MRSA)
- Klebsiella pneumoniae
- Acinetobacter baumannii
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Enterobacter species
- Aspergillus niger
- Salmonella enteritidis
Kills 70% of C.diff in 24 hours – SGS Lab Report# – 09S17053798
A 12 month study conducted by Maury Regional Medical Center in Columbia, Tennessee, showed a 73% reduction in SSIs (surgical site infections) over the previous year in the operating room where the Indigo‑Clean Continuous Environmental Disinfection system was installed. Study results also showed an 85% reduction in baceria in the operating room where Indigo‑Clean was used.
Learn more about Indigo‑Clean’s impressive 2.2 month payback and compelling ROI.
|Oct 2015 – Oct 2016||Oct 2016 – Oct 2017|
|Room||# of Cases||# of SSI||# of Cases||# of SSI||SSI Change||Bacterial Reduction|
|778||11||850||3||<= -73%||<= -85%|
|751||6||809||7||>= +17%||Not Measured|
Peer Reviewed Articles
Indigo-Clean White Papers
3-4 Months Payback
In addition to providing clinically effective care for their patients, healthcare facilities are also concerned with controlling costs. Indigo‑Clean is an ideal solution in the fight to control the rising health care costs associated with Surgical Site Infections (SSIs). The one‑time capital purchase of Indigo‑Clean by a facility is easily offset by preventing a single SSI.
Continuous Environmental Disinfection for Surgical Suites
Indigo-Clean Compared to Other Solutions