Calvary Bruce Private Hospital
The new $77 million Calvary Bruce Private Hospital accommodates everything from day procedures to complex surgery.
Features of the new hospital include:
- 8 state-of-the-art digital integrated operating theatres
- Includes 1 Hybrid Cath Lab with AirFRAME
- 118 beds with ability to expand to 182 beds as Canberra’s population grows;
- 74 surgical and medical beds with private rooms and ensuites;
- 16 bed post-anaesthetic care unit;
- 8 recovery beds plus an additional 17 chairs in second stage recovery;
- 12 bed maternity suite providing new families with specialised care and support after birth;
- Eight bed critical care department
A new pedestrian bridge linking the new hospital to the existing Calvary Public Hospital and Emergency Department enables us to continue to share specialist equipment and services between Calvary Public and Private hospitals.
The state of the art hospital also includes inbuilt further capacity to expand to 156 beds in years to come, in line with the population growth projections for the northern Canberra region.
Carlene Morris, Perioperative Services Manager, Calvary Bruce Private Hospital